I’m very excited to deliver the Keynote presentation tomorrow at the NAMI Conference in Honolulu – here are the slides that I’ll be using (download link below) – it is a LOT of slides, but many are for reference because I want the attendees to have a deep understanding of the Microbiome-Gut-Heart-Brain-Axis as a new paradigm to help our clients feel their best with optimized Mental Wellness.
UPDATE – I recorded the audio of my presentation – so you can download the audio and the slides and “follow along” as I present the ~1-hr seminar and Q&A session – it was a lot of fun!
Last week, we opened a special “Early Access” registration for the online version of the Certified Mental Wellness Coach program (CMWC) – to bring education about #MentalWellness to as many people as we can – and the response has been amazing! There is clearly a huge need for education around natural approaches for improving Mental Wellness…
If you’re interested in the type of content that we cover in the CMWC, you can get a good idea by watching the recording of the 2-day class (16 hours!) that we did in Nashville a few months ago (Day 1 and Day 2 are posted on YouTube – which you can subscribe to for notifications about new uploads).
Here is the outline of my presentation for the NAMI Conference – we will try to record it and post the video here…
Hearts & Minds & Microbiomes – Oh My!
-optimizing mood, motivation, and mental wellness by optimizing the brain-body-biome.
1. How the Microbiome-Gut-Brain-Heart-Axis is related to mental well-being
2. How to engineer their microbiome for ultimate mental performance (stress, mood, energy, focus, sleep, resilience, etc).
3. How to choose probiotics, prebiotics, and other nutrients for maximum benefits.
1. Understand how bacteria in our gut determine what happens in our brain and relate to our overall mental well-being?
2. Understand how those signals get out of balance – and how to rebalance them?
3. What are some of the mistakes that people make when they think about “gut health”?
4. Can people do this with food and exercise alone – Where do supplements fit in?
Mental Fitness by Shawn Talbott
The Mind Gut Connection by Emeran Mayer
The Psychobiotic Revolution by Scott Anderson
Brain Changer by Felice Jacka
This is Your Brain on Food by Uma Naidoo
Dr. Shawn Talbott is a PsychoNutritionist who integrates nutrition, biochemistry, and psychology to help people feel, look, and perform better.
As a scientist (PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry, Rutgers) and entrepreneur (EMP in Entrepreneurship, MIT), his recent projects include two academic textbooks, an award-winning documentary film, several best-selling books translated into multiple languages, and numerous top-selling nutraceuticals and functional foods.
Dr. Talbott runs the Amare Wellness Center and trains people as Certified Mental Wellness Coaches in Plymouth, MA and online at Marietta College.