The CMWC is a streamlined, focused, intense course spanning 16 hours of instruction in the role of diet and lifestyle factors in balancing the Microbiome-Gut-Heart-Brain-Axis for improved Mental Wellness.
We held our first CMWC course in Wisconsin at the end of April and our first “residential” course in Plymouth MA in June – with great feedback about the content and the “workshop” format.
Our next course will be held August 28 – Sept 1 in Plymouth MA – and the location will be our new “Mental Fitness Retreat at 3 Waves Wellness.
Total costs are:
- Tuition = $1,200 per student
- Lodging = $1,000 for 4 nights at 3Waves Wellness – and if you want to arrive earlier or stay longer, we can arrange that too! (other area lodging is also available).
- Food = included breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshments (healthy and amazingly delicious)
- Fun = whale watch, history walk, kayak/SUP, beach day (all weather dependent)
- CMWC course materials (from Functional Foods Institute) = $299 (details below)
- 16 CEUs
- Textbook = Functional Foods and Mental Health ($150 for e-book)
- Membership in Functional Foods Institute ($99/year)
- Certificate Fee ($50)
Our location is a casual coastal “bed & breakfast” with 7 rooms – so we can host you right here and everyone can hang out together while we learn about and improve our own mental wellness.
Our on-site room options include 3 queens with private baths, 2 kings with private baths, 3rd floor suite with 2 private king rooms sharing one bath…King rooms can be shared with the addition of roll-away beds.
…but since we have limited rooms and reserve on a first-come basis, you might also want to check out some of the area hotels? There are a number of options at every price point – just search “hotels in Plymouth MA”
This will be a special event focused on Health Professionals (physicians, chiropractors, nurses, nurse practitioners, naturopaths, health coaches, life coaches, etc) – so it will be a smaller intimate “workshop style” event – and seats will fill quickly…(all of our other events have sold out almost immediately)…
To reserve your seat or ask any questions, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (you can “reserve” your seat in the class now and pay later)
- Aug 28 (Saturday) – arrive and settle in
- Aug 29 (Sunday – 5h) – 9am-1pm Learning / 1-2pm Lunch & Learn / Afternoon Fun
- Aug 30 (Monday – 5h) – 9am-1pm Learning / 1-2pm Lunch & Learn / Afternoon Fun
- Aug 31 (Tuesday – 6h) – 9am-2pm Learning / 1-3pm Lunch & Learn / Afternoon Fun
- Sept 1 (Wednesday) – checkout as a newly Certified Mental Wellness Coach (CMWC)!
Background – Why Becoming a CMWC is Important
At no time in human history have we ever been so “advanced” technologically and yet so miserable psychologically.
It’s no exaggeration to describe stress, depression, anxiety, and burnout as epidemics – literally the “Black Plague” of our modern times.
How you feel is not just in your head, it’s also in your gut, and your heart, and your immune system, and in many other places inside and outside the actual brain in your head.
National surveys show that happiness and life satisfaction levels are at all-time lows, while depression, suicide, drug addiction, and use of prescription antidepressants and pain-killing opioids are at all-time highs.
There is no physical health without mental wellness. They are two sides of the same coin, and they are vital for each other and for our ability to reach our peak potential in this one life that we have to live.
The CMWC will explore research-supported natural approaches can improve how we feel mentally and perform physically in every aspect of our daily lives, including:
- What is Mental Wellness Coaching
- Education, Guidance, Training, Support to help unlock potential
- Why EVERYONE needs a coach!
- What Mental Wellness Coaching is NOT
- Counseling, treatment, prescribing, medicine…
- Workshop Format
- 500+ slides (many for reference)
- Part 1 – Science
- New Paradigm of the Gut-Heart-Brain-Axis
- Science-based products (how Amare fits)
- Mental Wellness Economy
- Science Deep Dive
- Part 2 – Practice – What to DO?
- Ingredient Sourcing
- Functional Nutrition
- Immune System
- Endotoxemia / Metabolism
- Physical Performance