On October 8, I was fortunate to speak to a great group of people in the Midland/Odessa Texas area.
I played a few videos – which you can’t see in the PDF, but you can view HERE.
I gave an overview of the MonVie nutrition products (functional superfruit juices, meal replacement shakes, healthy energy drinks) and then focused on the NEW anti-stress and relaxation products launched at the beginning of Sept.
Chronic stress and Sleeplessness are at epidemic levels in North America and in most industrialized countries. When you consider that chronic stress adversely affects the health of 70-90% of the population (World Health Organization and American Institute for Stress) and sleep problems affect more than 60% (American Sleep Foundation), you can see that there are a lot of people who need help balancing their stress and relaxing enough to sleep soundly.
Luckily, there are a number of very effective natural options to help us balance our stress levels and relax for a good night’s sleep – I talk about several of them with Dr Oz, including tongkat ali and Relora for stress – as well as fennel and lemon balm for relaxation. When our stress in under control and our stress response is balanced, we can still live (and thrive) in our stressful “always on” world. The secret is balancing your body’s stress response so you can still feel great with high levels of vigor (mental/physical energy and well-being). I’ve written several books about stress and weight and several about stress and mood. The latest one, Vigor Diet, is a short ebook that gives you the highlights of my longer books (with all proceeds supporting The MORE Project).
Give a listen to the audio files above and let me know what you think. I’m also speaking on similar topics (stress – sleep – vigor) next week on October 15th in Lorain Ohio (outside Cleveland) – c’mon out if you can!
Thanks for reading (and listening),
About the Author: Shawn Talbott holds a PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry (Rutgers) and a MS in Exercise Science (UMass). He trains for iron-distance triathlons and ultra-marathons in Utah – and is always sure to keep himself in biochemical balance and high vigor.
Shawn M. Talbott, Ph.D., CNS, LDN, FACN, FACSM, FAIS
Nutritional Biochemist and Author
Follow me at:
My books related to stress, cortisol, vigor, and Feeling Your Best:
▪ Vigor Diet – The New Science of Feeling Your Best
▪ The Secret of Vigor – How to Overcome Burnout, Restore Biochemical Balance, and Reclaim Your Natural Energy
▪ Killer at Large – Why Obesity is America’s Greatest Threat – an award-winning documentary film exploring the causes and solutions underlying the American obesity epidemic. FREE versions at http://www.KilleratLarge.com
▪ Cortisol Control and the Beauty Connection – The All-Natural Inside-Out Approach to Reversing Wrinkles, Preventing Acne, And Improving Skin Tone (Hunter House) – FREE text at http://www.cortisolcontrol.com/
▪ The Immune Miracle – The All-Natural Approach for Better Health, Increased Energy and Improved Mood (GLH Nutrition, 2012)
▪ The Health Professionals Guide to Dietary Supplements (Lippincott, Williams & Wilkens)
▪ A Guide to Understanding Dietary Supplements – an Outstanding Academic Text of 2004 (Haworth Press)